Andrews, a former residential and industrial suburb on the Gold Coast, was immediately west of Burleigh Heads and ran southwards to the Tallebudgera Creek. The suburb was gazetted in May 1981, the name taken from a family which had owned large tracts of land to the west.
Urban settlement of Andrews proceeded as a natural extension of Burleigh Heads, West Burleigh and Elanora, the last two places having been stops on the South Cost railway line (1903-61). The Pacific Highway follows the route of the railway and runs through Andrews.
Development in Andrews included a commercial/industrial area to the north of the Pacific Highway, including the Reedy Creek commercial wastes landfill. To the south of the former suburb there is a growing residential community with the St Andrews Lutheran P-12 College (1993), a church and aged-care facility, and Schuster Park on the Tallebudgera Creek.
Andrews was merged with Stephens and a portion of Robina in 2002, to form the new suburb of Varsity Lakes and the West Burleigh part of Burleigh Heads.