Chapel Hill is a residential suburb of Brisbane, located at the foot of Mount Coot-tha and nine km south-west of central Brisbane. It is immediately west of Indooroopilly and the Western Freeway/Centenary Highway.
Three streams descend through Chapel Hill and the moist gullies were used for timber cutting and dairying from the 1860s. The nearest main settlement was Indooroopilly, from where Moggill Road ran toward Ipswich. In 1873 the local farming community opened a Primitive Methodist church on Moggill Road, and their chapel gave the place its name. Chapel Hill Road ascends from the church (rebuilt in 1955) to the Mount Coot-tha reserve.
Residential development began in Chapel Hill in the 1950s, the population reaching 4000 in the mid-1970s and 7000 ten years later. There is plentiful greenery, with natural bush on most of the drier slopes. Indooroopilly and Kenmore State primary schools absorbed the teaching load of local children until the Chapel Hill State school opened in 1978. Most shopping is done in Kenmore and Indooroopilly, but there are local centres in Moggill and Fleming Roads, Chapel Hill.
There are linear parks along the creeks, particularly the western one, Cubberla Creek, ending with a large recreation reserve south of Moggill Road. Nearby, the former Alkira Boys' Home has been turned into a Salvation Army retirement village.
Chapel Hill's census populations have been: