Cornubia, a residential suburb in Logan City, is 28 km south-east of central Brisbane and adjoins Mount Cotton in Redland City.
Among the early European settlers in the Mount Cotton and Cornubia (Gramzow) areas were German families who came there in the early 1870s. In 1875 they opened their St Peter's Lutheran church. The Lutheran cemetery at the corner of Wuduru and Mount Cotton Roads marks the place, together with the access way, German Church Road, in Carbrook.
'Cornubia' came much later, being the name of Cornubia Park, a large farm west of the junction of California Creek Road and West Mount Cotton Road.
By the early 1980's residential development was apparent in the west of Cornubia, with the California Creek golf course and the beginning of the bushland corridor along the creek. Chisholm Catholic College, a short way south of the golf course, was opened in 1992 and St Matthews Catholic Primary school, right on the border with Shailer Park, was opened in 1984.
Another part of Cornubia comprises a housing estate and the River Lakes golf course (1999) and shopping centre, both south of Beenleigh-Redland Bay Road and formerly in Loganholme. The golf course adjoins the mouth of California Creek as it enters the Logan River. Nearby there is a small drive-in shopping centre, and about 4 km westwards there is the Logan Hyperdome and its retail adjuncts.
Cornubia's census populations were counted with the adjoining suburb of Carbrook until 2001, they have been:
|Cornubia and Carbrook||1986||1461|