Eerwah Vale is a rural/residential locality immediately west of Eumundi and 20 km south-west of Noosa Heads. It encloses the headwaters of the North Maroochy River and several tributaries. Mount Eerwah (405 m) is in a conservation park south of the Eumundi-Kenilworth Road.
Until about 1890 Eumundi was known as Eerwah, and the change of name came about because of its similarity to Beerwah. The origin of 'Eerwah' is apparently unrecorded, but there seems to be no relationship to Beerwah or Mount Tinbeerwah.
Eerwah Vale is a hilly upland that was settled relatively late; its primary school operated from 1925 to 1963. Farms in the hills had access to the Eumundi railway station to transport livestock, dairy produce and timber cleared from the paddocks.
Eerwah Vale's census populations have been: