Greenbank, a rural/residential locality in Logan City, is 30 km south of central Brisbane.
Originally well-timbered land which provided an important local hardwood industry, Greenbank was opened up for farm selections in the 1870s. Teviot Road was the thoroughfare to the Logan River - the area's most convenient outlet for transporting timber and farm produce - and the Teviot Junction hotel was opened at the corner of Greenbank and Teviot Roads in 1880. De-licensed, it is one of Greenbank's earliest buildings.
A primary school was opened in 1893, occasionally teetering on closure as the area's census populations did not exceed 100 people until 1961. A large, timbered farm property in the north was acquired for military purposes in 1951 - severely reducing local hardwood reserves - extending down to the Greenbank railway station on the interstate uniform-gauge line (1930). A local store and post office were opened in the 1950s, and the last of the hardwood supplies were acquired for a Burnie board mill in Ipswich.
In the 1960s farms were subdivided for rural/residential living. Increasing population led to portable classrooms at the school, and a preschool in 1979. Most of the population is south-west of the military reserve, along with sports reserves, a community centre and the general store.
Greenbank's census populations have been:
Joanne Scott, Greenbank State School centenary book: including New Beith, North Maclean and Maclean schools: 'strive for success' 1893-1993, Greenbank, The School, 1993