Stafford Heights is a residential suburb, nine km north of central Brisbane. It is immediately north of Stafford and its northern boundary is Rode Road, a main route running west from Sandgate Road, Nundah.
A suburb of the 1950s-60s, Stafford Heights was one of the ring of suburbs that followed the development of Chermside and the areas beyond the postwar tram terminuses (Gympie/Hamilton Roads, Chermside and Stafford Road east of Webster Road, Stafford).
Stafford Heights has two local State primary schools, Stafford Heights in Redwood Street (1953) and Somerset Hills on Webster Road (1966). There is a local shopping centre in Rode Road at the Appleby Road corner. Outside the suburb's boundaries there are more extensive facilities, one or two within walking distance: Flockton Plaza in McDowall, Stafford City shopping centre (1984) and Chermside (1957); and schools at Everton Park (State High) and Kedron (Padna Primary and College, St Anthony's Primary and Mt Alvernia College, all Catholic).
Stafford Heights' census populations have been: